Discover the magic of Corkscrew through a variety of interpretive programs.
2015 & 2016 Programs
- Early Bird Walks (Adult Program) On select days. Offered from November through April 8:00am - 11:00am Audubon Bird App http://audm.ag/1NZGexM
- Guided Walks for Visitors (Family Program) Seasonally, on select days, visitors can join a guided 90 minute walk. Space is limited.
- Ancient Forest Tours (Family Program) Offered on select days October - April, visitors can join a guided 3 hour walking tour. Space is limited.
- Swamp Walk (Adult Program) On select days. Offered from December through April
- Private group tours can also be arranged for groups of 10 or more people
- Macro Photography Workshop - indoor
- Macro Photography Workshop - outdoor
- Photoshop Workshop February 13, 2016 9am - 12noon
Seminars and Workshops
- Lunch & Learn Workshops Third Thursday of Each Month from November 2015 through April 2016 from 12pm to 1pm in the Classroom
- Stewardship of Winter and Nesting Shore and Sea Birds - Brad Cornell & Adam DiNuovo - Thursday, November 19, 2015
- Good Bugs: Using Biologial Control to Combat Invasive Plants - Dr. Carey Minteer - December 17, 2015
- TBA - January 21, 2016
- TBA - February 18, 2016
- Native American Medicinal Plants - Dr. Michele Williams - March 17, 2016
- TBA - April 21, 2016
- Invasive Exotic Wildlife Workshop (Off-Site) Wednesday, February 24, 2016 (Adult)
- Grass ID Workshop (Off-Site) Thursday, February 25, 2016 (Adult)
Corkscrew After Hours Programs (Family)
Experience Corkscrew's ancient bald cypress forest in the evening at an After Hours event, when the Sanctuary stays open until 9p.m. Visitors can explore on their own or participate in evening programs and activities. These events occur once a month from October until March each year.
- November 20, 2015 - Sky Kings: The Realm of Raptors
- December 11, 2015 - Living on the Edge: The World of the Florida Black Bear
- January 22, 2016 - Full Moon of the Wolf: Traditional Seminole Legends and Art
- February 19, 2016 - Swamp Beauties: The Enigmatic Orchids
- March 18, 2016 - Creeping Crawlies: Herpotoligical Wonders of Collier County
- Corkscrew's Second Annual Holiday Market Saturday, December 12, 2015 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Family)
- Corkscew's Second Annual Science Forum Friday, January 29, 2016 (Family)
- Corkscrew's World Wetland Day Festival Saturday, February 6, 2016 (Family)
Citizen Science Events
- Fall NABA Butterfly Survey Monday, October 26, 2015 (Family Program)
- Corkscrew's Audubon Christmas Bird Count Saturday, December 19, 2015 (Family Program)
- Programs labeled "Adult" are for those age 16 years or older.
- Programs labeled "Family" are for any age, but a participant under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Many programs are non fee-based and are open to any regular visitors. Some may have a limit on the number of participants.
- Some programs are fee and reservation based and require a limit on the number of participants, so please make your reservation early for these, not only to insure that the program will be held, but to insure that you will be enrolled in the program.
- Full refunds for fee-based programs will be given for cancellations received at least three days prior to the program date. No refunds will be given within three days of the program.
- Programs start at the times noted and field sessions leave on time. Audubon is not responsible for participants arriving late. No refunds will be given if a registered participant misses a program due to late arrival.
- Cancellations due to weather or other emergencies will be made at least two hours prior to the start of the program and registered participants will be contacted by telephone, or updates will be made on our website for visitor programs.
- Audubon retains the right to cancel programs at any time. Full refunds will be issued for fee-based programs if the program is canceled.
Registration For Fee-Based Programs