Join us for special swamp buggy excursions at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.
On these educational excursions we will travel by swamp buggy at the north end of Corkscrew Sanctuary. We will traverse several habitat types through a portion of the Corkscrew Watershed with a Corkscrew Naturalist as your guide. We will learn about the importance of this 13,000 + acre Sanctuary and its habitats for birds and other wildlife, and about the land management that is done to maintain diveristy. We will stay on the lookout for wildlife sightings including the many birds of the back country, alligators, turtles, and maybe more!
These excursions last approximately 3 hours. Participants must be able to climb a step ladder to board the buggy. Participants must sign a liability waver.
What to Bring:
- Sun Protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- It is alright to bring spotting scopes and tripods.
We are offering Corkscrew Swamp Buggy Tours on the following dates and times:
- September 27, 2018 9:00am to 12:00pm
- February 1, 2019 4:00pm to 7:00pm Sunset Tour
- February 2, 2019 9:00am to 12:00pm
- February 6, 2019 9:00am to 12:00pm
- February 11, 2019 4:00pm to 7:00pm Sunset Tour
- February 20, 2019 9:00am to 12:00pm
$125/person for Non Members
$115/person for Members of National Audubon Society
$100/person for Friends of Corkscrew Swamp Members
Participant Limit: 9 participants/tour
Registration & Payment: Register via Eventbrite. Select the desired date and time.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org