Join us in celebration of World Wetlands Day for Corkscrew's February After Hours event. Learn about Everglades Restoration and enjoy a night stroll in Corkscrew's ancient cypress forest.
Sunset at 6:15 pm
Moon Phase: Full Moon! (The start of the moon rise is at 6:10 pm)
- Enjoy live music in the Blair Audubon Visitor Center. 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Cindy's Swamp Tunes! Cindy Hackney is a well-known local singer/songwriter who specializes in songs about south Florida.
- Shop for unique and beautiful gifts in the Nature Store.
- Eat, drink and enjoy art exhibits in the Gallery Cafe.
- Experience the boardwalk in the evening light and participate in educational programs,and interpretive exhibits. See the schedule below.
5:30 pm to 9:00 pm – Explore the boardwalk on your own under the stars and listen to the many sounds at night.
6:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Classroom Presentation: "Restoring the Greater Florida Everglades - What has gone right and what has gone wrong." by William J. Mitsch Ph.D. Eminent Scholar and Director, Everglades Wetland Research Park, Naples, FL and Juliet C. Sprout chair for Southwest Florida Habitat Restoration and Management, Florida Gulf Coast University, Naples, FL.
7:00 pm to 8:00 pm Book Signing in the Visitor Center with William J. Mitsch Ph.D.
6:00pm to 8:00 pm – Interpretive learning stations at the center and on the boardwalk. Visit these fun and informative stations during your visit this night.
- Alligator Learning Station (In the Blair Audubon Center) Learn more about alligators and their role in our Everglades ecosystem.
- Night Vision Learning Station (on the boardwalk)
- Florida Panther Learning Station (on the boardwalk)
- Wading Bird Learning Station (on the boardwalk)
- Aquatic Dip Net Station (on the boardwalk).
- Cypress Tree Learning Station (on the boardwalk)
Last admission is at 8:00 p.m. Adult admission is $14 per person. Admission is $10 for Audubon Members and $6 for college students with ID. Admission is good for 2 consecutive days, so come back and enjoy the boardwalk in the daylight hours on Saturday also. As always, Friends of Corkscrew Members enjoy free admission.
Kids are admitted free with their parents to this event! (Parent admission fees vary as outlined above, and their children up to 18 years are free)
* Please Note: There will be a full moon tonight, so there will be plenty of moonlight. If you do choose to bring a flashlight it is best to use only a red-light flashlight. If you do not have a red light flashlight, please ask at our admissions desk when you arrive for some red cellophane and a rubber band to cover up the lens of your white light flashlights. Otherwise using white light will ruin yours and other visitor's night vision while on the boardwalk.