Learn about Herptiles: Amphibians and Reptiles found in Collier County and enjoy a night stroll in Corkscrew's ancient cypress forest.
Sunset at 6:33 pm
Moon Phase: Two days before the Full Moon!
- Enjoy live music in the Blair Audubon Visitor Center. 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm We have a fun band this night!: Tad and the Tadpoles!
- Shop for unique and beautiful gifts in the Nature Store.
- Eat, drink and enjoy art exhibits in the Gallery Cafe.
- Experience the boardwalk in the evening light and participate in educational programs,and interpretive exhibits. See the schedule below.
5:30 pm to 9:00 pm – Explore the boardwalk on your own under the stars and listen to the many sounds at night. * Please note that after 5:00 P.M. this night ONLY the Short Loop of the Boardwalk will remain open until 9:00 P.M.. At 5:00pm the long loop of the boardwalk will be closed to provide sanctuary for the night-roosting birds on this section of the boardwalk.
6:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Classroom Presentation: "Frogs and Toads of Collier County" Learn about the frog and toad species found in Collier County Becky Speer of the Naples Preserve will discuss the native and non native species and will have examples of their calls - a great primer or refresher before our rainy season's busy frog breeding time in South Florida.
6:00pm to 8:00 pm – Interpretive learning stations at the center and on the boardwalk. Visit these fun and informative stations during your visit this night.
- Alligator Learning Station (on the boardwalk)
- Amphibian Learning Station (On the boardwalk)
- Lizard Learning Station (On the boardwalk)
- Aquatic Dip Net Station (On the boardwalk).
- Snake Learning Station (At the Blair Center)
- Night Vision Adaptations Learning Station (On the boardwalk)
Last admission is at 8:00 p.m. Adult admission is $14 per person. Admission is $10 for Audubon Members and $6 for college students with ID. Admission is good for 2 consecutive days, so come back and enjoy the boardwalk in the daylight hours on Saturday also. As always, Friends of Corkscrew Members enjoy free admission.
Kids are admitted free with their parents to this event! (Parent admission fees vary as outlined above, and their children up to 18 years are free)
* Please Note: It will be two days before the full moon this night, so there will be plenty of moonlight. Flashlights are not necessary, your eyes will naturally adjust to the darkness. If you do choose to bring a flashlight please only use a red-light flashlight. If you do not have a red light flashlight, please ask at our admissions desk when you arrive for some red cellophane and a rubber band to cover up the lens of your white light flashlights. Otherwise using white light will ruin yours and other visitor's night vision while on the boardwalk.