Event Date: November 3, 2017
Time: 5:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Join us for our special November ‘Corkscrew After Hours’ event: ”Florida Panthers”.
Are you feeling like prowling around the Swamp at night? First learn more about Florida Panthers in our classroom from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. during FWC's Panther Outreach Specialist, Jayne Johnston's presentation on "Living with Panthers".
Sunset at 6:44 p.m.
Moon Phase: One day before the full moon. Moonrise: 6:45 p.m.
The moon will be big so there will not be much of a need for flashlights. If you do choose to bring one though, please bring a red-light flashlight so as not to ruin yours and others night vision while on the boardwalk. If you only have a while light flashlight, you can ask at our admissions desk for red cellophane to cover up the lens.
Enjoy live music and exhibits in the Blair Audubon Visitor Center.
- Shop for unique and beautiful gifts in the Nature Store.
- Eat, drink and enjoy art exhibits in the Gallery Cafe.
- Experience the boardwalk in the evening light and participate in educational programs, interpretive exhibits, and guided walks. See the schedule below. (will be added to later)
5:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Explore the boardwalk on your own under the stars and listen to the many sounds at night. Our boardwalk volunteer naturalists will be out there to help you out.
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Live Music in the Blair Audubon Visitor Center: (Musician to be announced)
6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Presentation in the Blair Center Classroom: By: Jayne Johnston, FWC's Panther Outreach Specialist. "Living with Florida Panthers"
7:00 to 7:30 pm
Sign up to take a naturalist guided walk which will begin at various times within this time frame. Visitors can sign up for these in the visitor center when they arrive. Space is limited.
Adult admission is $14 per person. Admission is $10 for Audubon Members and $6 for college students with ID. Admission is good for 2 consecutive days, so come back and enjoy the boardwalk in the daylight hours on Saturday also. As always, Friends of Corkscrew Members enjoy free admission.
Kids are admitted free with their parents to this event! (Parent admission fees vary as outlined above, and their children up to 18 years are free)