Event Date: October 12, 2018
Time: 5:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Join us for our special October After Hours event: ”Swamptober Fest” Fun for the Entire Family!
Kids 18 and under are admitted free with their Parents to this event! (Parent admission fees vary as outlined: Adult admission is $14 per person. Admission is $10 for Audubon Members and $6 for college students with ID. Admission is good for 2 consecutive days, so come back and enjoy the boardwalk in the daylight hours on Saturday also. As always, Friends of Corkscrew Members enjoy free admission. )
Wear your Costume!
Experience the boardwalk in the evening light. Enjoy seeing and learning about live baby alligators, snakes, and tarantulas. Learn and have fun at all of the Discovery Stations and critter crafts. There will also be face painting and sweet treats! See the schedule below.
Sunset at 7:01 pm
Moon Phase: We will have a fairly dark sky - great for star gazing! The first quarter moon will be low on the western horizon for this event. Moon set is at 9:53 p.m.
5:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Explore the boardwalk on your own under the stars and listen to the many sounds at night. Our boardwalk volunteer naturalists will be out there to help you out. And members of the Everglades Astronomical Society will be out there with their telescopes to share the night sky with you.
- Activites and Interpretive Stations in the Blair Audubon Visitor Center:
- Audubon Center for Birds of Prey: Will discuss and have Live Birds of Prey
- Alligator, Snakes, Non Native Reptiles and Tarantulas
- Defenders of Wildlife: Panther Station
- North Collier Fire Rescue: Big Fire Truck and meet firefighters
- Super Science Fun with Mr. Glen
- Shy Wolf Sanctuary: Learn about wolves
- Big Cypress National Preserve
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Smoky Bear with the Florida Forest Service
- Critter Crafts
- Face Painting
- Discovery Stations with Skulls, Skins & Furs
- Sweet Treats
- Shop for unique and beautiful gifts in the Nature Store.
- Eat and drink in the Gallery Cafe.
6:30 pm to 8:00 pm – Interpretive station on the Boardwalk
- Everglades Astronomical Society - Night Sky
* Please Note: If you choose to bring a flashlight, it is best to use only a red-light flashlight. If you do not have a red light flashlight, please ask at our admissions desk when you arrive for some red cellophane and a rubber band to cover up the lens of your white light flashlights. Otherwise using white light will mess up yours and other visitor's night vision while on the boardwalk.