Volunteering at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary offers a variety of rewarding volunteer opportunities that provide essential support for our daily operation and special events.
Volunteers play a vital role in our mission of preservation and restoration of our natural resources, conservation education, and research. Annually over 140 volunteers contribute more than 15,000 hours of their time and talents to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.
- Most of our regularly scheduled volunteer positions require specific time commitments, based on the needs of each position.
- Regularly scheduled Adult volunteers must pass a background check.
- No background check is required for those who only volunteer for One Day Events and Citizen Science Programs.
- Prior experience is not required to be considered for a volunteer position. Interest and availability are much more important than experience, and volunteering is a great way to learn a new skill. Orientation and training will allow you to succeed!
- Youth volunteers (17 or under) must be accompanied by an adult, or alternatively may be able to participate in specific one day event volunteer opportunities which are supervised. Please contact our volunteer department for more information 239-348-9151 ext. 112 or ext. 108.
- Corkscrew sometimes offers specific opportunities for college or high school students needing to complete service learning hours, when scheduled these will be posted in our One Day Volunteer Opportunity section.
- Corkscrew does not offer volunteer opportunities for people needing to fulfill court-ordered community service hours.
Get started volunteering
The first step to joining the volunteer team at Corkscrew is to fill out an application.
Fill out the form(s) and mail or deliver to:
Amy Kessler, Volunteer Coordinator
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
375 Sanctuary Road
Naples, FL 34120
Please contact our volunteer department if you need a copy of the application mailed to you, or if you have any questions. Once your application has been received, we will call you to schedule an interview and orientation.
Training and volunteering can't begin until after the background check (if required) has been completed.
Volunteer positions include opportunities in Education, Citizen Science, Blair Center Support and many more. Click here for additional information.
Volunteer Department Contact Information
Amy Kessler, Volunteer Coordinator, 239-348-9151 ext. 111