Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary offers a morning Guided Boardwalk Tour for visitors on specific dates this fall - please see our schedule below for days that this tour is offered. Space is limited to 12 participants (more details below). All tours are scheduled to begin at 10:00am. The cost of this program includes your admission to the boardwalk for the day.
Corkscrew's Morning Guided Boardwalk Tour is one hour long and is along part of the one-mile short loop of our boardwalk.
A Corkscrew naturalist will conduct the guided walks, offering visitors a unique opportunity to experience the sights and sounds of the swamp, from its cypress forest and lettuce lakes to its pine forest and open prairies.
This gentle, pristine wilderness in the western everglades dates back 800 years and offers visitors a glimpse of long-ago Florida and a premier environmental learning experience. Many species of birds are permanent residents of the Sanctuary, including egrets, ibis, heron, limpkin and anhinga. Barred Owls nest near the boardwalk and add their distinctive hoot to the aviary symphony. Winter visitors include several warblers, and Painted Buntings.
You will learn about the history of the Sanctuary, the importance of the our native upland and freshwater wetland plants, and the connectivity of the habitats at Corkscrew for birds and other wildlife. You will also learn ways that you can help birds and other wildlife in your own homes and communities.
Cost: No Fee, besides your admission to the Sanctuary.
Participant Limit: Space is limited to 12 people on each date
How to sign up: After you check in at our admissions desk, our staff can direct you to the sign up sheet for the walk. Once your name is on the list, meet your guide on the patio/bench area behind the visitor center about 5 - 10 minutes before the program begins.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
- We recommend that you bring water, sun protection, bug spray, binoculars, and a camera when you explore the Boardwalk.
- Water bottles, bug spray, and binocular rentals are available in the Blair Audubon Visitor Center.
- Food is not permitted on the Boardwalk
Upcoming dates this program: All tour times are 10:00 until 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2022
Thursday, Nov. 3, 2022
Monday, Nov. 7, 2022
Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022
Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022
Sunday, Nov. 13, 2022
Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2022
Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022
Sunday, Nov. 20, 2022
Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2022
Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2022
Friday, December 9, 2022
More dates will be added soon.
* We have binoculars available to rent for $3 in our Nature Store.
* You can stay on or go back on the boardwalk after the tour if you wish entering up until 1:00pm, but if you are staying on the boardwalk after this program, note that a Sanctuary team member will clear the boardwalk to ensure everyone has safely exited by 3 p.m.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org