State of the art, environmentally friendly, and solar-powered, the Blair Audubon Visitor Center welcomes over 100,000 visitors annually.
At The Center:
- Nature Store - A great selection of nature inspired gifts, jewelry, art, souvenirs, field guides, books, outdoor clothing, children items
- Gallery Cafe - Drinks, sandwiches, and snacks all year round. We offer indoor and outdoor seating.
- Discovery Center - Continuous film about Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary's history and mission, baby alligators in a display tank, children's activities and games, and periodic snake talks
- Lobby and Cafe Art Gallery with exhibits that change every two months
- Bird viewing area with reference books
- Educational exhibits
- Two classrooms which are available for group activity rental
- Picnic tables are also located in the parking area and on the front deck if you want to bring your own picnic lunch
- Complimentary wheelchairs and strollers (quantity is limited)
The boardwalk is open daily from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Please note that boardwalk admission closes at 4:30 p.m. (Last boardwalk admission is one hour before closing time.)
All visitors must be off the boardwalk before the closing time unless a special program is being conducted by the Corkscrew staff. One day a month from October through March, we offer "Corkscrew After Hours." This is the only time that we allow visitors on the boardwalk after dark. This regulation was established to minimize the impact on wading birds that roost or nest near the boardwalk.
This regulation applies each month of the year. Unauthorized vehicles found in the parking area after 6 p.m. may be towed at the owner's expense.
Please lock your car, leave nothing visible inside your car to passers-by and take all valuables with you.
Please leave your pets at home where they are comfortable. For everyone's safety, we allow only service animals on the boardwalk.
Warning about flies:
Admission is valid for two consecutive days. Ticket prices include self-guided access to the boardwalk and Blair Audubon Visitor Center. On days when guided tours are offered, they are complimentary with the price of admission.
National Audubon Society member with current membership card receive $4 off per party of 2
Full-time college student with photo ID: $6
Kids: (6-18 years old): $4
Children under 6: Free
Friends of Corkscrew members with current membership card: Free