Come join us for our March 2018 After Hours event! Learn about sustainable landscaping with native plants at our classroom presentation, then browse a selection of native plants at the plant sale while listening to live music in the center, and make sure to plan time to enjoy a night stroll through Corkscrew's ancient cypress forest on our boardwalk.
Sunset at 6:32 pm
Moon Phase: last quarter, but it sets at about noon this day, it will not be visible again until early the next morning.
- Enjoy live music in the Blair Audubon Visitor Center. 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Shop for unique and beautiful gifts in the Nature Store.
- Shop for beautiful native plants at the plant sale which will be put on by Willow Head Nursery.
- Eat, drink and enjoy art exhibits in the Gallery Cafe.
- Experience the boardwalk in the evening light and participate in educational programs. See the schedule below.
4:00 - 8:00pm – Shop for beautiful plants at the native plant sale which will be put on by Willow Head Nursery.
5:30 pm to 9:00 pm – Explore the boardwalk on your own under the stars and listen to the many sounds at night.
5:30 pm to 6:30 pm – Classroom Presentation: "Landscaping With Natives" Learn about landscaping with Florida native plants from Chad Washburn, Deputy Director of the Naples Botanical Garden. Florida has many beautiful native plants that should be used in landscaping for the benefit of preserving native plant species, for food and shelter for wildlife, and for water conservation and water quality.
6:00 - 8:00 pm - Enjoy interpretive learning stations which will be positioned and staffed by our education team in various places along the short loop of the boardwalk. Stations will be announced soon!
6:00 – 8:00 - Enjoy Live Music in the Visitor Center
Last admission is at 8:00 p.m. Adult admission is $14 per person. Admission is $10 for Audubon Members and $6 for college students with ID. Admission is good for 2 consecutive days, so come back and enjoy the boardwalk in the daylight hours on Saturday also. As always, Friends of Corkscrew Members enjoy free admission.
*Children are admitted free with their parents to this event! (Parent admission fees vary as outlined above, and their children up to 18 years are free)
* Please Note: The moon will not be visible this night. For most people flashlights are not necessary, if you keep them turned off your eyes will naturally adjust to the darkness. If you do choose to bring a flashlight please only use a red-light flashlight. If you do not have a red light flashlight, please ask at our admissions desk when you arrive for some red cellophane and a rubber band to cover up the lens of your white light flashlights. Otherwise using white light will ruin yours and other visitor's night vision while on the boardwalk.