Volunteers play a vital role in our shared mission to preserve Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and support the conservation and restoration of natural ecosystems throughout the Western Everglades.
Submit your application here!
Current volunteers should click here to access their Volgistics profile.
If you are a graduate research student or professional looking to conduct research at Audubon's Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, please see our visiting researchers page.
- Most of our regularly scheduled volunteer positions require specific time commitments based on the needs of each position.
- Regularly scheduled adult volunteers must pass a background check. Volunteering can't begin until the background check has been cleared.
- No background check is required for those who only volunteer for one-day events and community science programs.
- Prior experience is not required to be considered for a volunteer position. Interest and availability are much more important than experience, and volunteering is a great way to learn a new skill. Orientation and training will allow you to succeed!
- Volunteer opportunities for people needing to fulfill court-ordered community service hours are not available.
Volunteers have historically provided support across different programs and departments, such as:
- Blair Audubon Visitor Center
- Youth education programs
- Interpretive programs
- Land management
- Community science
- Grounds maintenance
Questions? Please contact Kristina O'Hern, Volunteer and Membership Manager.