Volunteers play a vital role in our shared mission to preserve Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and support the conservation and restoration of natural ecosystems throughout the Western Everglades.
Submit your application here!
Current volunteers should click here to access their Volgistics profile.
If you are a graduate research student or professional looking to conduct research at Audubon's Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, please see our visiting researchers page.
- Most of our regularly scheduled volunteer positions require specific time commitments based on the needs of each position.
- Regularly scheduled adult volunteers must pass a background check. Volunteering can't begin until the background check has been cleared.
- No background check is required for those who only volunteer for one-day events and community science programs.
- Prior experience is not required to be considered for a volunteer position. Interest and availability are much more important than experience, and volunteering is a great way to learn a new skill. Orientation and training will allow you to succeed!
- Volunteer opportunities for people needing to fulfill court-ordered community service hours are not available.
Volunteers have historically provided support across different programs and departments, such as:
- Blair Audubon Visitor Center
- Youth education programs
- Interpretive programs
- Land management
- Community science
- Grounds maintenance
- Seasonal Campus Host*
*Do you own a recreational vehicle (RV) and have an interest in being a part of the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary team? The Campus Host position is a paid, part-time, seasonal position assisting with essential end-of-day and after-hours functions related to guest safety and facility support and security. Opportunities to volunteer are plentiful and help us meet our conservation mission. Hosts are required to live on-site in their personal RV. RV pads are equipped with water, sewer, and electricity hook-ups as well as a private outdoor patio with a table and a grill. Seasonal opportunities are posted on our Careers page when positions are open.
Questions? Please contact Kristina O'Hern, Volunteer and Membership Manager.
How you can help, right now
Donate to Protect Corkscrew's Birds and Wetlands
Make a meaningful and lasting gift to protect Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary's rare Everglades habitat.
Sign Up for the Corkscrew eNewsletter
Stay connected to Corkscrew Swamp. Sign up for our monthly online newsletter.