Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary offers a variety of rewarding volunteer opportunities that provide essential support for our daily operation and special events.
Volunteers play a vital role in our mission of natural resource protection, education, research, and advocacy.
Annually, more than 150 volunteers contribute more than 25,000 hours of their time and talents to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.
Currently, there are limited volunteer opportunities available. Submitting a volunteer application does not automatically register an applicant as a Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary volunteer but it is the first step in the process. Qualified applicants will be notified of opportunities as they become available.
Online Volunteer System
Current volunteers, click here to access VicNet, Corkscrew's online volunteer portal.
If you are a graduate research student or professional looking to conduct research at Audubon's Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, please click here.
- Most of our regularly scheduled volunteer positions require specific time commitments, based on the needs of each position.
- Regularly scheduled adult volunteers must pass a background check.
- No background check is required for those who only volunteer for one-day events and citizen science programs.
- Prior experience is not required to be considered for a volunteer position. Interest and availability are much more important than experience, and volunteering is a great way to learn a new skill. Orientation and training will allow you to succeed!
- Youth volunteers (17 or under) must be accompanied by an adult, or alternatively, may be able to participate in specific opportunities, which are supervised.
- Corkscrew sometimes offers specific opportunities for college or high school students needing to complete service learning hours.
- Corkscrew does not offer volunteer opportunities for people needing to fulfill court-ordered community service hours.
Volunteers interested in joining the Corkscrew team can provide support across different programs and departments, such as:
- Blair Audubon Visitor Center
- Youth education programs
- Interpretive programs
- Land management
- Community science
- Grounds maintenance
- Seasonal Campus Host*
If you are interested in applying, please apply online.
Prospective volunteers will be required to complete a background check. Training and volunteering can't begin until the background check has been cleared.
*Do you own a recreational vehicle (RV) and have an interest in being a part of the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary team? The Campus Host position is a paid, part-time, seasonal position assisting with essential end-of-day and after-hours functions related to guest safety and facility support and security. Opportunities to volunteer are plentiful and help us meet our conservation mission. Hosts are required to live on-site in their personal RV. RV pads are equipped with water, sewer, and electricity hook-ups as well as a private outdoor patio with a table and a grill. Seasonal opportunities are posted on our Careers page when positions are open.
Questions? Please contact Kristina O'Hern, Volunteer Engagement Coordinator.