Current job opportunity at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary:
Seasonal Center Assistant, Admissions
The Seasonal Center Assistant, Admissions will support the Blair Audubon Visitor Center operations and guest services including Admissions, its Nature Store and Gallery Cafe sales, general visitor and volunteer assistance, and membership sales.
COVID-19 mitigation at the Center includes frequent sanitation, a Plexiglass partition, Merv-13 filtration system, timed ticketing, mask requirement inside the Visitors Center, and the closure of some amenities.
This is a seasonal position working 40 hours per week from October 1, 2021 -March 31, 2022. Ability to work evenings and weekends required. This position has the potential to convert to regular, full-time in April 2022.
- Delivers excellent customer service that ensures a welcoming environment to all guests, visitors, members, volunteers and event attendees coming through the Visitors Center.
- Promotes, sells, and renews memberships, appropriately recommends upgrades, provides referrals to the Membership Coordinator for visitor questions that need special attention.
- Proactively assesses visitor’s needs, including but not limited to offering assistance or directions, locating wheelchairs or strollers and/or making recommendations.
- Answers the Center’s main phone line, expedites calls to appropriate departments or staff members and appropriately returns calls in a timely fashion.
- Acts as point of contact in case of emergencies and reports situations to appropriate parties, using required center reporting procedures, as well as contact 911 for assistance when needed.
- Handles difficult situations with tact and respect and reports issues to supervisor in a timely manner with accurate details.
- Provide up-to-date information to visitors regarding special events, Nature Store, and Café.
- Ensures messaging on monitors and all interior and exterior signage is accurate with each day’s events.
- Keeps working area organized and tidy and ensure it is ready to conduct business for following day’s shift.
- Organizes discovery room realia and orientation video
- Efficiently and correctly handles deliveries made to the Admissions desk.
- Create and print new signage as needed to alert guests of time sensitive issues (closings, limited access, safety alerts, special event information, etc.).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the Center, Audubon Florida and National Audubon Society activities.
- Develop an understanding of the ecology and natural history of Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.
- Responsible for all cash and credit card transactions.
- Follows established procedures for opening and closing assigned register.
- Handles payment in exchange for admission fees and membership dues, event tickets and classes.
- Performs ticket sales, registers guests for classes, runs reports, checks daily schedule of events, looks up events for guests needing information (date and location confirmation, etc.).
- Provides departmental support to handle exceptionally busy processing seasons including but not limited to assembling member packets and restocking Nature Store inventory.
- Provides suggestions and ideas for streamlining procedures.
- Support all retail operations at the sanctuary including restocking supplies at the admissions desk, gallery cafe, and store as needed.
- Provide assistance with limited merchandise pricing as needed.
- Assist with the planning and operations of special events conducted by Audubon.