Thank you for your interest in Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary's group tours and outreach programs.
Although most visitors enjoy the Sanctuary by taking a self–guided tour on the boardwalk, for private groups wanting a more in-depth guided experience, they can take advantage of our trained and knowledgeable naturalists. Guided adult group programs at Corkscrew can be arranged for private groups such as civic associations, travel groups, nature clubs, business groups, family reunions, etc.
Programs can be arranged to suit your group's interests, such as birding, native plants, wildflowers, general ecosystem, etc. Night walks and other special programs can also be arranged for groups, but may have different costs associated with them. Depending on the specific program, different limits on the number of participants will apply. Guided programs can only be arranged depending on our naturalists' availability. It is best to try to reserve your group program as far in advance as possible as our education calendar fills up quickly.
Private Guided Adult Group Tours:
- Minimum group size of 10
- Guided group tours during our operating hours of 7:00am - 5:30pm, are $25 per person, this includes the cost of admission and an up to two hour tour.
- If your group has some Audubon or Corkscrew members in it, there is no discount for them due to the special nature of this tour. Only whole Audubon Chapter groups can receive a discount on a private tour.
- Tours must be arranged at least three weeks in advance of your requested tour time frame.
- Tour availability is not guaranteed until your guides are confirmed.
- Naturalist guides are scheduled based on the number in the group. We schedule one guide for each 10 - 12 guests.
- Tour length is typically 1.5 to 2 hours for a 1 mile tour, or 3 hours for the 2 mile tour.
- The time of your tour will be arranged at the time of reservation. If your group is running behind schedule on the day of your tour please let us know as soon as possible.
- A private link for tickets will be created for your group, and will be emailed to you.
- If you must cancel your group tour, please give us as much notice as possible. Tickets are refundable until two days in advance of the tour date. Tickets are not refundable if you wait until the day of the tour to cancel.
- Corkscrew reserves the right to cancel or postpone tours due to bad weather from lightning storms, very high winds, or other extreme conditions. If this happens a tour can be shifted or rescheduled, or if that is not possible we will refund any money received. Bad weather can happen any time of year, but is much more likely in the summer and early fall, mostly in the afternoon.
- Please arrange to reserve in advance any special needs like wheelchairs. We have a limited number of wheel chairs available at no charge.
- Comfortable shoes and clothes appropriate for the weather and walking are suggested.
- Sun protection and water are good to bring especially on very warm days. Mosquitoes are usually not a problem here except for in the summer months and evenings.
- Binoculars and cameras are also good to have.
For those interested, please e-mail email@example.com to check availability and request a reservation:
Outreach Speakers and Off-site Programs
Outreach speakers and off-site programs can be arranged for local adult off-site presentations and meetings. It is best to try to request a reservation as far in advance as possible as our education calendar fills up quickly. A $150 donation will be requested for each hour of an offsite program.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and to request a reservation.
For more information on Private Group Tours or Offsite Adult Programs, please contact email@example.com