Thank you for your interest in Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary's group tour programs.
Although most visitors enjoy the Sanctuary by taking a self–guided tour on the boardwalk, for private groups wanting a more in-depth guided experience, they can take advantage of our trained and knowledgeable naturalists. Guided adult group programs at Corkscrew can be arranged for private groups such as civic associations, travel groups, nature clubs, business groups, family reunions, etc...
Programs can be arranged to suit your group's interests, such as birding, native plants, wildflowers, general ecosystem, etc. Night walks, Swamp Walks and other special programs can also be arranged for groups, but may have different costs associated with them. Depending on the specific program, different limits on the number of participants will apply. Guided programs can only be arranged depending on our naturalists' availability. It is best to try to reserve your group program as far in advance as possible as our education calendar fills up quickly.
Private Guided Group Tours On Our Boardwalk:
- Minimum group size of 10
- Guided group tours on the boardwalk during our operating hours of 7:00am - 5:30pm, are $25 - $35 per person (depending on the length of the program), this includes the cost of admission along with the tour.
- Tour length is typically 1.5 to 2 hours for a 1 mile tour - $25/person for this tour, and 3 hours for the 2 mile tour - $35/person for this tour.
- If your group has some Audubon or Corkscrew members in it, there is no discount for them due to the special nature of this tour. Only whole Audubon Chapter groups can receive a discount on a private group tour.
- Tours must be arranged at a minimum four weeks in advance of your requested tour date, and dates fill up quickly.
- Tours are not guaranteed until your guides are confirmed.
- Naturalist guides are scheduled based on the number in the group. We schedule one guide for each 10 - 15 guests.
- The time of your tour will be arranged at the time of reservation. If your group is running behind schedule on the day of your tour please let us know as soon as possible.
- A $100 deposit by credit card is required to reserve your private tour. The deposit will be deducted from your total due on the day of your tour. We request that you pay with one form of payment either one check/credit card/cash when you arrive on the day of your tour. You can also choose to arrange final payment ahead of time so you will not have to spend time on that when you arrive.
- If you must cancel your group tour, please give us as much notice as possible. The deposit is refundable until two weeks in advance of the tour date. If it is canceled within two weeks of the tour date the deposit is non-refundable.
- Corkscrew reserves the right to cancel or postpone tours due to bad weather from lightning storms, very high winds, or other extreme conditions. If this happens a tour can be shifted or rescheduled, or if that is not possible we will refund any deposits received. Bad weather can happen any time of year, but is much more likely in the summer and early fall, mostly in the afternoon.
- Please arrange to reserve in advance any special needs like wheelchairs. We have a limited number of wheel chairs available at no charge.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes appropriate for the weather are suggested.
- Sun protection and water are good to bring especially on very warm days. Mosquitoes are usually not a big problem here.
- Binoculars and cameras are also good to have.
For more information on Private Group Tours, please contact Corkscrew Tours .