Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary offers a Morning Guided Boardwalk Tour for visitors on specific dates this summer - please see our schedule below for days that this tour is offered. Space is limited to 12 participants (more details below). All tours are scheduled to begin at 9:30am. The cost of this program includes your admission to the boardwalk for the day.
The Corkscrew Boardwalk Tour is one-and-a-half hours long and is along the one-mile short loop of our boardwalk.
A Corkscrew naturalist will conduct the guided walks, offering visitors a unique opportunity to experience the sights and sounds of the swamp, from its cypress forest and lettuce lakes to its pine forest and open prairies.
This gentle, pristine wilderness in the western everglades dates back 800 years and offers visitors a glimpse of long-ago Florida and a premier environmental learning experience. Many species of birds are permanent residents of the Sanctuary, including egrets, ibis, heron, limpkin and anhinga. Barred Owls nest near the boardwalk and add their distinctive hoot to the aviary symphony. Winter visitors include several warblers, and Painted Buntings.
You will learn about the importance of the our native upland and freshwater wetland plants, and the connectivity of the habitats at Corkscrew for birds and other wildlife. You will also learn ways that you can help birds and other wildlife in your own homes and communities.
- Adults: $20
- National Audubon Members (with ID): $17
- Members of the US Military (with ID): $17
- Friends of Corkscrew Members: $3
- Full-time college student (with valid school ID): $10
- Children 6 to 14: $6
- Children under six: FREE
What can/can't I bring to the event?
- We recommend that you bring water, sun protection, bug spray, binoculars, and a camera when you explore the Boardwalk.
- Water bottles, bug spray, and binocular rentals are available in the Blair Audubon Visitor Center.
- Food is not permitted on the Boardwalk.
Dates this program is offered this summer: All tour times are 9:30am until 11:00am
Friday, June 17, 2022
Friday, June 24, 2022
Friday, July 1, 2022
Friday, July 8, 2022
Friday, July 15, 2022
Friday, July 22, 2022
Friday, July 29, 2022
Friday, August, 5, 2022
Friday, August 12, 2022
* We have binoculars available to rent for $3 in our Nature Store.
* You can go back on the boardwalk after the tour if you wish entering up until 1:00pm, but if you are staying on the boardwalk after this program, note that a Sanctuary team member will clear the boardwalk to ensure everyone has safely exited by 3 p.m.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org