All Early Birding Tours are from 8 to 11 a.m. and registration is required (scroll down)
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary is an Important Bird Area, part of the Atlantic Flyway for bird migration, is the gateway site for the southwest region of the Great Florida Birding Trail, and is a Ramsar designated Wetland of International Importance.
Experience the sights and sounds of the awakening swamp with one of our naturalists guiding you on our boardwalk to look for birds. Learn tips on identification. about the birds' life habits and the importance to these birds of the native upland and freshwater wetland plants and habitats that occur at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. Plus, learn what we are doing at Corkscrew to protect, manage and restore habitat, and also things anyone can do to help birds.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes, bring sun protection and water, and bring binoculars and/or your camera. We do have binoculars for rent in our visitor center for $3.00 if you do not have your own pair of binoculars. We will be travelling 2.25 miles along our boardwalk trail on this program. There are occasional opportunities for rest at the bench areas along our boardwalk.Cost:
- $30 per person General Admission
- $27 per person for National Audubon members
- $27 per person for Members of the US Military
- $13 per person for Corkscrew members
Limit: 10 participants/guide
Restrictions: Participants must be 16 years or older.Register Here (Scroll Down to see the dates this tour is offered)
Check-in for your tour at our admissions desk. After check-in, please meet your guide on the back deck of the Blair Audubon Center, behind the admissions desk.
This program is for individuals age 16 years or older. Please ensure you arrive a little ahead of time, as tours start promptly at the scheduled hour. Refunds will not be offered for participant late arrivals.
- Cancellations by participants must be made at least 2 days prior to the program date to receive a refund. Audubon also reserves the right to cancel programs at any time and full refunds will be issued in such instances.
Cancellations due to weather or other emergencies will be made at least two hours prior to the program start and registered participants will be contacted by e-mail or telephone, and updates will be made on the website for visitor programs.
* You can go back on the boardwalk after the tour if you wish entering up until 1:00pm, but if you are staying on the boardwalk after this program, note that a Sanctuary team member will clear the boardwalk to ensure everyone has safely exited by 3 p.m.
For more information, email email@example.com
How you can help, right now
Donate to Protect Corkscrew's Birds and Wetlands
Make a meaningful and lasting gift to protect Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary's rare Everglades habitat.
Sign Up for the Corkscrew eNewsletter
Stay connected to Corkscrew Swamp. Sign up for our monthly online newsletter.